Its time for Five for Friday! We are getting ready to head to the lake for a nice long weekend. Can't wait to just kick back and relax with good friends, good food and some good movies, books and wine!
Here are some of my favorite finds that I have come across recently.
1. One of our favorite things that we enjoy with L & J is cheese. I picked up a few at Trader Joe's and we are also stopping at Surdyk's cheese shop on our way there. What I love about Surdyk's is the skilled cheese professionals. You just tell them the occasion, other food you may be serving and they make recommendations. They also have a huge selection of local cheeses as well. These are the cheeses we picked up from Trader Joe's!
2. The other thing I love about a good cheese platter, is adding in jellies, honey or pate/mousse to enhance the flavors of the cheeses. I have a few that I have picked up that are already packed and ready to go. Our local Byerly's (Lunds) has a wonderful selection which is where I find most of them. Cannot wait to try these.
3. The perfect accompaniment to cheese, cute cheese knives! I ordered these from Etsy last week, with the hope that they would make it here on time. They will also make the perfect hostess gift, along with the next item on my list.
4. A good slate cheese board. You need a good cheese board in order to display your cheeses. I love using a slate board. What is so nice about the slate is that you can refrigerate it if you want your cheese chilled (I like mine at room temperature) and you can also label your cheeses with chalk. Works perfectly!
5. Of course you need the right add ins to go with your cheese and add to your cheese board. Grapes, marcona almonds with rosemary, cornichons. And of course the right dishes to put them in.