Plans - home, I have laundry I need to catch up on, we had our Home Service Plus out to look at our fridge what has been working more as a freezer lately, and I just need to veg and catch up on DVR.
Breakfast and Lunch - Leftovers from lunch yesterday, my tuna melt with clementines. I was thinking I would have something for lunch, but I am still SO full from breakfast.
Dinner - I started this yesterday, the whole house smelled incredible, Braised Pork Shoulder we are having ours with polenta instead of grits, but I am really looking forward to this for dinner!
Plans - Home. I know after work I need to get the car washed and run some errands but it will be another evening in.
Breakfast and Lunch - I am meeting a high school friend for lunch. We haven't caught up since HS, so it should be a lot of fun. Its also restaurant week, so we are trying one of my favorites in downtown Wayzata 6Smith.
Dinner - Pot Roast in the Crockpot I don't usually follow or need a recipe for this, but this looks really close to how I make mine.
Plans - Home. Again. At the bottom here I am going to publish my long outstanding ta-da list that I know I need to tackle this week. These are things that I have had on my list since the beginning of the year, so I want to do my best to actually try to get some things accomplished. Work has been crazy lately, so even though I work from home, trying to get anything extra accomplished during the day is impossible.
Breakfast and Lunch - Eggs and bacon. Salad, I bought beets at Trader Joe's on Sunday, so I am planning on roasting those in the morning so I can have them with my salad!
Dinner - Leftovers. With lunch plans and a salad for lunch, the leftovers are not getting eaten so we need a clean out the fridge night.
Plans - Home. See above.
Breakfast and Lunch - Eggs and bacon, leftovers.
Dinner - Cookbook recipe to be posted later
Plans - SOOOOO excited about this. We are headed to Spoon & Stable, which was just nominated for a James Beard last week. It is a new restaurant that opened in November last year and is impossible to get a reservation at. We have had these reservations with friends for two months! I cannot wait! Now, what to wear!
Breakfast and Lunch - I will be keeping it light today, an egg and some fruit for breakfast and a salad or some soup for lunch.
Dinner - If you follow me on Instagram, I am sure you will see a few posts from dinner!
Plans - We don't have any plans at this time, but I really enjoyed last Saturday and just heading out and doing some exploring. There are always so many fun things going on in our own back yard, I am looking forward to seeing what we encounter. I will probably need to prep dinner for Sunday as well.
Meals - up in the air based on what we find to do! We will have to do some grocery shopping for Sunday.
Plans - I am really looking forward to our plans for Sunday. This is my kind of a day. We are heading to the Home and Garden Show with two other couples. We all have house projects going on, one couple is even looking at buying a new place which I mentioned last week. We always have projects going on, but the other thing that I have realized is so important, in order to keep your house marketable, you need to keep refreshing! Looking forward to the show with this fun group though. After, there was a special request for my spaghetti and meatballs. I made them one night years ago, after Thanksgiving, we had them over and did a little Wii bowling, just a really fun night, but they loved my mom's recipe for spaghetti and meatballs. My mom's recipe for spaghetti and meatballs was always my birthday meal request, and now I have had several people request mine (I use my mom's recipe!). Scott's dad, its one of his favorites, my dad, of course, I love making it too! Its kind of funny because my parents are both Polish and if you know MN we don't have a lot of Italians, especially on the Mpls side, most of our true Italians are either up on the Iron Range or in St. Paul. But my mom always made her three meat meatballs and homemade sauce. I wonder if someone else taught her how. I will have to ask. I am thinking I will make them up on Saturday so that they have plenty of time to cook in the sauce.
Ta Da List (this is a huge list, ugh, I need more hours in a day)
- Clean out fridge - wipe down all shelves (we had it serviced today and a motor replaced so it is the perfect time to get this done)
- Mail package to friend who just had a baby
- Spray tan (its the middle of winter in MN, enough said)
- Clean out pocketbook
- Clean Office
- Go through hanging shirts in closet, clean out
- File Receipts
- Decorate mantle
- Decorate shelves in Living Room
- Decorate builtins
- Eyebrow wax (I feel like they are starting to braid together)
- Drop comforter off for dry cleaning
- Sprint (My phone battery has been draining really fast and I am not due for an upgrade until August. We switched to the Framily plan back in May or June of last year, my whole family is on it, but I am SO unhappy with it. I loved Sprint up until that point. My bill went up a ton, I can't get a new phone when I want one and now we have to lease our phones, just hate the whole set up and have been thinking about switching, ugh, why are we so dependent on these things!)
- I have two bins of clothes that need to be put away
- Clean out drawers in kitchen
- 2015 Goals - put them in binder
- Home Binder - we need to update our project list and get our budget for 2015 in order
- Order photos to put in frames
- Put our Groupons on the calendar (we love these, but if they aren't on the calendar sometimes we forget about them)
- Invitations for Neighborhood Sip n Mingle (we did this in the fall, it is a great way to bring everyone together and see how everyone is doing. In MN we tend to hibernate in the winter so you don't really see people out and about.
- Wine Swap party. It has been forever since we have had a wine get together with the club. For this one I will have everyone bring a bottle of wine and snack to share and a bottle of wine that will go into the swap. Should be fun.
- Update chalkboards - there isn't anything on them at the moment, they need a little update
- Turn Style - I dropped stuff off for consigning a while back, I should go in and check to see if I am owed any money. I should see if I have more i could take in.
- Basket for blankets in the living room. I am looking for a big basket we can store our blankets in, we tend to do a lot of snuggling under blankets during the winter.
- Make eye appointment. I think I might be at that age where I need those special glasses. I had to stop wearing my contacts about 6 months ago, not sure, maybe there is still something they could do.
- Inventory and catalog wine (this is a mess and needs to get done asap, but it is a big project, we easily have at least 24 cases that need to be photographed, inventoried and put into our spreadsheet/database).
For more meal plans and links to recipes, check out the Orgjunkie.